No Surrender
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

...and no mercy...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

a Ja++

Go down 
+10
Chronos
Tench
Skittlez
Vedas
Copyleft
Dax
eth
Tommø
ant
Kapkin
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kapkin
no|Surrender Leader
Kapkin

Number of posts : 5121
Registration date : 2008-09-22

a Ja++ Empty
PostSubject: a Ja++   a Ja++ EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 11:11 pm

Razor from jawa clan is curently creating a new ja+ with like more option etc (who look great etc) amma try to talk with him a little seing if he wanna merge base into ja+ etc by changing back dmg to the fucking base etc (and maybe adding my GREEN and YELLOW team fighting at the same time as the BLUE and RED lol ..) w/e amma go check on their forum some times ... i talked with a dude that knows him and he was like kinde thinking that maybe possible .. so amma see how far i can go in that merge thing .. but yeah if we can have a mod were both ar happy that would be great

http://www.thejawaclan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=20839&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
Back to top Go down
http://www.iamgay.com
ant

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2010-05-20

a Ja++ Empty
PostSubject: Re: a Ja++   a Ja++ EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 3:12 am

if it isnt base, fuck your face
Back to top Go down
Tommø
no|Surrender Leader
Tommø

Number of posts : 2016
Registration date : 2008-09-23

a Ja++ Empty
PostSubject: Re: a Ja++   a Ja++ EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 7:07 am

Quote :
Back to top Go down
eth

eth

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2008-09-25

a Ja++ Empty
PostSubject: Re: a Ja++   a Ja++ EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 12:09 pm

Herø wrote:
Quote :
Back to top Go down
Dax
no|Surrender Council

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2008-11-24

a Ja++ Empty
PostSubject: Re: a Ja++   a Ja++ EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 1:02 pm

Even if he doesn't mess with the damages the damages won't be the same as base, any changes to the game will change damages, blocks etc....
Back to top Go down
Copyleft
no|Surrender Council
Copyleft

Number of posts : 947
Registration date : 2009-05-06

a Ja++ Empty
PostSubject: Re: a Ja++   a Ja++ EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 3:59 pm

ant wrote:

It's these sort of attitudes causing JKA to die off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.terminative3.netgoo.org
ant

a Ja++ Empty
PostSubject: Re: a Ja++   a Ja++ EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 4:11 pm

Copyleft wrote:
ant wrote:

you're scapegoating approximately 1/15th of the entire JKA population that prefers base to JA+ or any other mods as the reason why a 7 year old game is dying off? i think logic like that is the reason why some people simply prefer base.
Back to top Go down
Vedas

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2009-04-22

a Ja++ Empty
PostSubject: Re: a Ja++   a Ja++ EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 7:19 pm

Copyleft wrote:
ant wrote:

Correction...It's this sorta tude that keeps base as good as it is.
Back to top Go down
Copyleft
no|Surrender Council
Copyleft

a Ja++ Empty
PostSubject: Re: a Ja++   a Ja++ EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 7:33 pm

ant wrote:
Copyleft wrote:
ant wrote:

you're scapegoating approximately 1/15th of the entire JKA population that prefers base to JA+ or any other mods as the reason why a 7 year old game is dying off? i think logic like that is the reason why some people simply prefer base.

It's the "omg it's not base" or the "omg bad CFG" or "omg I can't play that mod" attitude that is causing the game to get stale, is what I guess I meant.

Age doesn't always matter. Quake anyone?
Back to top Go down
Vedas

a Ja++ Empty
PostSubject: Re: a Ja++   a Ja++ EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 7:36 pm

Kal shhh lol you have no right to talk til you come back to game...then you may argue gg. <3
Back to top Go down
ant

a Ja++ Empty
PostSubject: Re: a Ja++   a Ja++ EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 8:39 pm

quake was good enough to have professional play. not talkin' bout ESL, but people who are payed to play. it fell into a special niche few games do. jka never became popular enough for that so age kinda does matter, because there is nothing promoting the game like quakecon does for quake. apples n oranges, most games aren't played professionally so they dont live on.

jka is dying because the amount of players coming in < the amount going out. you cant scapegoat people who simply want to play the way they always played the game and dont want to get used to a mod. the game is pretty finicky on how you play and small differences in mechanics will make a huge difference in play for a lot of people. so to sum it up, the ~1/15th of the jka population just likes base because thats what they are used to. small changes become exponentially significant to a lot of base players and a transition tends to be more trouble than its worth.

really the only reason it lived on so long is because nothing out there has similar play. if there was another game like this that had fluid gameplay, jka would be as empty as outcast.
Back to top Go down
Copyleft
no|Surrender Council
Copyleft

a Ja++ Empty
PostSubject: Re: a Ja++   a Ja++ EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 11:25 pm

It's a game that's unique and can be modded, except nobody will support the mods due to gameplay issues. Because of that, people get bored of spending countless hours pugging on the same handful of servers on FFA3 day in and day out for years instead of moving on.

The mechanics of the game is bitchy indeed. Even recompiling the source will change it. People should learn to adapt and move on. So what if you need to relearn minor things?

It's not just the basejka community either.

The point I guess I'm trying to make is that JKA has a semi-open source multiplayer aspect but nobody truly takes advantage of it because they're too busy complaining about their parries not working right. The "mods suck" attitude is silly. People whine that the game is dead when they were part of the reason behind it.

In base, we hate custom maps. Hell, we hate anything besides what we're used to. Half of the yanks won't even play a different map on pugs aside from FFA3 because FFA2 is "too euro".

How can such a close-minded community go on?
Back to top Go down
ant

a Ja++ Empty
PostSubject: Re: a Ja++   a Ja++ EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 11:48 pm

you know only a small fraction of jka only likes base, right? most populated servers are modded. mods help people stay longer, but seldom make the game popular. just a handful of exceptions exist, such as counterstrike. movie battles was probably the only mod that really attracted people, but that's probably dying out.

suffice to say, you cant blame people who don't like mods for the decline of this game. it's an obscure game now and nothing is putting its name out there. they did put it on steam, but i dont think that helped bring in many players.
Back to top Go down
Copyleft
no|Surrender Council
Copyleft

a Ja++ Empty
PostSubject: Re: a Ja++   a Ja++ EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 12:02 am

ant wrote:
you know only a small fraction of jka only likes base, right? most populated servers are modded. mods help people stay longer, but seldom make the game popular. just a handful of exceptions exist, such as counterstrike. movie battles was probably the only mod that really attracted people, but that's probably dying out.

suffice to say, you cant blame people who don't like mods for the decline of this game. it's an obscure game now and nothing is putting its name out there. they did put it on steam, but i dont think that helped bring in many players.

What I said about base can also be said about JA+. Point being, there are only "2 mods" right now. One (basejka) caters to the competitive and traditional people, while JA+ caters to the people who wants extras. Sadly, JA+ also makes a lot of major issues. And like the base community, JA+ clans refuse to use anything besides JA+... hence making the game boring by playing a mod that hasn't had a "stable" release since 2005.

Projects like Leaguemod could have done well. But nobody wanted to support a new, stable playing ground because it wasn't basejka. JA++ is going to suffer the same fate as every other mod because nobody's going to change. And since nobody is going to change, everyone will get bored and blame the game for being old. People would rather quit playing than play a different mod.

Mods could revive this game and make it fun. Mods could do many things if people let them have a chance. But as it stands, anybody who bothers making a mod is being foolish because it's going to end up being wasted. Some people) will automatically deem something as a piece of shit just because it isn't base/JA+ (depending on your standpoint). That's what's causing this game to get old. The lack of openness to maps doesn't help either.

Back to top Go down
Skittlez
no|Surrender Jedi
Skittlez

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2010-09-13

a Ja++ Empty
PostSubject: Re: a Ja++   a Ja++ EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 12:30 am

There's just not enough active players around for a new mod to take off, and even if it is technically better than JA+, people simply won't spend the resources to host servers running the mod to have to compete for traffic with established servers...

For a new mod to take off it needs to first fix major issues people have with the game (like ja+ fixed dueling in ffa, added grapple, changed combat to depend less on spins/pokes and feel more like movie jedi fights... MBII fixed siege so force powers/guns were less broken and being a true soldier was an option) and it also needs enough people who hated the issues the mod fixes to band together and start a community, and there's just not enough people left on jka to break off and start a new community for a new mod.

Granted this one will have the JAWA community backing it, if they run a server with it... but really, it's the jawa community which is kinda insular so =/
Back to top Go down
Vedas

a Ja++ Empty
PostSubject: Re: a Ja++   a Ja++ EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 12:47 am

stop debating about things you can't change....gg lol <3
Back to top Go down
Tench

Tench

Number of posts : 899
Registration date : 2009-05-20

a Ja++ Empty
PostSubject: Re: a Ja++   a Ja++ EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:12 am

Herø wrote:
Quote :
Back to top Go down
ant

a Ja++ Empty
PostSubject: Re: a Ja++   a Ja++ EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 2:05 am

Tench wrote:
Herø wrote:
Quote :
Back to top Go down
Tench

Tench

Number of posts : 899
Registration date : 2009-05-20

a Ja++ Empty
PostSubject: Re: a Ja++   a Ja++ EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 8:05 am

ant wrote:
Tench wrote:
Herø wrote:
Quote :
Back to top Go down
eth

eth

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2008-09-25

a Ja++ Empty
PostSubject: Re: a Ja++   a Ja++ EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 10:17 am

Tench wrote:
ant wrote:
Tench wrote:
Herø wrote:
Quote :
Back to top Go down
Kapkin
no|Surrender Leader
Kapkin

a Ja++ Empty
PostSubject: Re: a Ja++   a Ja++ EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 9:20 pm

Well i was just interest in this new mod .. i didnt know you couldnt control the way (while modding) you automaticly change the dmg things etc..

And tbh kal .. after i found base i nerver quit it .. but the reason is not cause i was close mind ect.. was just cause i find it stupid to own a staff with a blue stance .. like there is BASIC things that need to be there and other that need to disaperd etc.

But yeah as for the popularity of base .. most player who quit it didnt quit it for an other game .. but for like real life its amost a 10years old i mean some had familly etc cause with activity everybody could found the game play he wanted it in base (clan match, duel,faa etc)
I think the creation of a shitty mod as ja+ cut the community in half, and by that reduced the nomber of player in each one of the mod.

But f ja++ could join the skills and the ja+ chat thing for the ja+ actually member) i think that would be great for both side.

I dream of a mod that can satisfy every one ! and bring back piece into jka !
Back to top Go down
Chronos
no|Surrender Jedi
Chronos

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-09-03

a Ja++ Empty
PostSubject: Re: a Ja++   a Ja++ EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 10:53 pm

Lol well im interested to see how it goes
Back to top Go down
ant

a Ja++ Empty
PostSubject: Re: a Ja++   a Ja++ EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 11:01 pm

only mod that will bring peace to jka is one that makes all the player mods naked and adds sex animations so you can actually rape while you figuratively rape
Back to top Go down
Kapkin
no|Surrender Leader
Kapkin

a Ja++ Empty
PostSubject: Re: a Ja++   a Ja++ EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 11:03 pm

you mean with the dead corps?
Back to top Go down
ant

a Ja++ Empty
PostSubject: Re: a Ja++   a Ja++ EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 11:04 pm

no, that's not rape kap because a corpse cant resist your advances. well....maybe even after dying somebody wouldn't want to have some ginger inside of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

a Ja++ Empty
PostSubject: Re: a Ja++   a Ja++ Empty

Back to top Go down

a Ja++
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
No Surrender :: General Section :: General Discussion-
Jump to: