No Surrender
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

...and no mercy...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO

Go down 
+3
Elm
Kapkin
Skittlez
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Skittlez
no|Surrender Jedi
Skittlez

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2010-09-13

SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO Empty
PostSubject: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 2:24 am

Back to top Go down
Copyleft
no|Surrender Council
Copyleft

Number of posts : 947
Registration date : 2009-05-06

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 8:12 am

Yep, people are already working on it. This is big news.

To the non-techs reading this: The game is now entirely open source and has the same license as Linux. This means anyone can access JKA's code and create new games from it. This is *not* a modding thing, it's the full game.

People are currently working on making a massive patch for the game called "1.02" which will eventually become its own standalone, non-JKA game. The sourcecode for JK2 and JKA that they are working on will be uploaded here shortly: https://github.com/Razish/OpenJK

I'm so happy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.terminative3.netgoo.org
Dax
no|Surrender Council

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 10:59 am

Well, this might bring more life to a dying game.
Back to top Go down
Copyleft
no|Surrender Council
Copyleft

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 11:05 am

Don't even view it that way. It's not for modding JKA, it is JKA.
Back to top Go down
Vedas

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2009-04-22

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 11:12 am

it isn't jka either. It's a new game in the making =). Maybe you should do your master trial before it comes out. =P
Back to top Go down
Tommø
no|Surrender Leader
Tommø

Number of posts : 2016
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 11:29 am

Uhh don't get excited too soon guys.. If anyone has access to it then does that not mean they can do anything with it, for example fuck it up?? Until an actual game making company comes out and says they are going to make another JK I wouldn't get your hopes up...
Back to top Go down
Copyleft
no|Surrender Council
Copyleft

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 11:33 am

Herø wrote:
Uhh don't get excited too soon guys.. If anyone has access to it then does that not mean they can do anything with it, for example fuck it up?? Until an actual game making company comes out and says they are going to make another JK I wouldn't get your hopes up...

That is not how development works. Is there anyone fucking up your copy of Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome? But, the code for that is available. Same thing with the Linux kernel, BSD's, Apple's kernels, etc. We're not going to be able to just change files and such as if it's a Wikipedia page. You can take the source code yourself and do what you want to it, and only you will have the changes. The challenge is in getting one standard project going where everyone will request that their changes be merged.

I recommend learning about how software development works before spreading misinformed FUD.
Back to top Go down
Tommø
no|Surrender Leader
Tommø

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 11:51 am

Well personally I won't care for a game made by a random person or people. If a real gaming company takes the code and says they are going to make a new game with it then that is different. Until a JK4 is officially announced I am not going to hold my breath!
Back to top Go down
Copyleft
no|Surrender Council
Copyleft

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 12:05 pm

Okay. I'll let you know when EA picks this up, since that's what matters.

Edit: Lots of games have been made from various Quake games after they were released under identical terms.

For example, Quake 1 (from 1996 )was turned into what is now Xonotic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H-3ITK7KuY

This is a great thing for everyone, and you sound clueless.
Back to top Go down
Tommø
no|Surrender Leader
Tommø

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 12:16 pm

look I'm not saying someone or some people won't try and make something good with this code. All I'm saying is unless a legitimate gaming company aye such as EA or whatever take on making a new JK game I really doubt a decent JK4 game will be made.
Back to top Go down
Kapkin
no|Surrender Leader
Kapkin

Number of posts : 5121
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 8:01 pm

a good exemple of this is that i never heard of Xonotic
Back to top Go down
http://www.iamgay.com
Vedas

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2009-04-22

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 12:57 am

Kapkin wrote:
a good exemple of this is that i never heard of Xonotic
Back to top Go down
Elm
no|Surrender Leader
Elm

Number of posts : 5175

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 1:12 am

Copyleft wrote:
Okay. I'll let you know when EA picks this up, since that's what matters.

Edit: Lots of games have been made from various Quake games after they were released under identical terms.

For example, Quake 1 (from 1996 )was turned into what is now Xonotic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H-3ITK7KuY

This is a great thing for everyone, and you sound clueless.

Keep your pants on plz. Just because other people have a different opinion/view from you doesn't mean you need to be so rude.

Chill the fuck out, dude. Peace and love to all (but not Kapkin).
Back to top Go down
https://nosurrendergaming.forumotion.com
Copyleft
no|Surrender Council
Copyleft

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 6:29 am

Elm wrote:
Just because other people have a different opinion/view from you doesn't mean you need to be so rude.

No. I don't care about different opinions. However, posting something incorrect (and holding an opinion based on that) will misinform other people who don't understand. I guess you'd rather ignore that, though Smile
Back to top Go down
Tommø
no|Surrender Leader
Tommø

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 11:51 am

Simply put, JKA is basically dead. Even if people do shit with this code or whatever I can't see tons of people coming back! Until a JK4 is announced there won't be a significant difference in people playing JKA or an updated version - well I can't see it anyway. I will always miss the days even back when I was in EbD when JKA was pretty active and enjoyable, but now all you get from it is a few over competitive pugs and then your bored.
Back to top Go down
Copyleft
no|Surrender Council
Copyleft

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 12:01 pm

Come back to what? JKA being released in 2004 didn't bring people to Quake 3 Razz

New games can be made from this. This won't mean anything for the JKA game itself. If you enjoy the JKA sabersystem, then watch for people developing games based around it.
Back to top Go down
Tommø
no|Surrender Leader
Tommø

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 2:28 pm

Of course I do, but then again what if they make something that ISN'T star wars or jedi knight with it?? That would be a sad day. For me if anything other than a JK4 is made with these codes I will not be happy!!
Back to top Go down
Dax
no|Surrender Council

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 6:55 pm

Herø wrote:
Of course I do, but then again what if they make something that ISN'T star wars or jedi knight with it?? That would be a sad day. For me if anything other than a JK4 is made with these codes I will not be happy!!

Then you're done. Look no further for there wont be an official JK3. JKA isn't JK3 if you didn't already know that. There's a patch being developed by coders from the JKA community, some of 'em came back just to help out. There's talk of making various different games, the MBII community is already excited to make a game for itself, separate from JKA, it virtually was already. It seems that the main group, those developing the patch, is not looking to remake jka, but patch it so as to not divide the community further, there will be at some point more games with similar gameplay and they might be worth looking into. JKA is dead, yes, but that's only because the community that still plays is comprised of mostly egocentric players, players who can't live without their admin in ja+, and script kiddies who can't do anything except crash servers. A new game, even if its not "JK4" could be better than jka, if you're afraid of change then don't post anything about it here since we're not the ones changing it, go to the site where people are looking to modify, enhance, change, re-create,etc... and make your case to them.

I'm not trying to be an ass, that's just how I see this.

Look around this site if you care to post your thoughts.

http://jkhub.org/index
Back to top Go down
Tommø
no|Surrender Leader
Tommø

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 7:08 pm

It's how YOU see it. I can still post what I think and that doesn't change my opinion. I never said a new game couldn't be better than JKA. But if it isn't made by a legitimate gaming company and it's not another Jedi Knight then it just can't be, that is my opinion! It may be because I am more of a Star Wars fan and the only game I enjoyed on PC was Jedi Knight but for me a game that isn't Star Wars/a new Jedi Knight with this engine won't compare to JK or JKA.
Back to top Go down
Dax
no|Surrender Council

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 7:51 pm

Unless you misread, or didn't quite grasp the concept. Someone correct me if I'm wrong,but it seems to me that people can now make new 'jedi knight' games for free.
Back to top Go down
Copyleft
no|Surrender Council
Copyleft

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 8:24 pm

Herø wrote:
Of course I do, but then again what if they make something that ISN'T star wars or jedi knight with it?? That would be a sad day.

This is the sort of thing that made me say you're being clueless (if Elm or anyone else wants to go all emotional and call me rude for being blunt, go right ahead). If you only play games made by "legitimate" companies or only play JKA because you can be an e-Jedi, you don't belong in this sort of gaming. Go play TOR or JA+ instead. Do you care about a good game or do you just want some silly branding slapped on it? Independent developers have created great games and modifications (often enough of much higher quality than companies only out to increase profit over last year). Don't dare imply they aren't real game devs.

I care about good quality and new ideas. I could not give less of a shit about what a "real" company makes. Understand how the open source development model works, and then form opinions.

And @ Dax, sort of. The Star Wars stuff is not present in the game, so there will need to be new models, maps, etc created which are legally redistributable. The source is for all the engine and technical things. You can currently copy the assets to your compiled open source JKA, but that's kind of silly. Eventually there will be freely available content like OpenArena is to Quake 3. I'm just extremely happy that the only worthwhile sword game is finally open to everyone, and under a license which will force developers to collaborate (this isn't public domain). I can't wait to see what new (non-JKA) games come out of this. The JKA engine is pretty old, so I'd imagine that JKA will eventually be made to run on a more advanced one like ioquake3 or an idtech4 variant.

Back to top Go down
Kapkin
no|Surrender Leader
Kapkin

Number of posts : 5121

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 8:39 pm

Everyone sit an enjoy,
Master Kapkin, one of the great founder of nS will now speak.

Even tho i would rather have a game that i can play Jedi, i'll play w/e game that bring to the table my old base jka gameplay.

How many peeps tried to create it tho ? ja+ fail, other mods = fails.
Cant wait to see it append, but people are too stupid,
cant fucking copy and past a code.
They always have to touch something or add useless stuff , and then gamplay freaking sux

i'll be in the forum waiting for the next game with this code that will come out,.
I'll try it

but i doult it will be half good as jka,

Side note: what if its not a jedi game ? they will take off all our arial gameplay? (only a game with half man half dragon/bird creature fighting with swords could match jka)
Back to top Go down
http://www.iamgay.com
Dax
no|Surrender Council

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 10:16 pm

Herø wrote:

And @ Dax, sort of. The Star Wars stuff is not present in the game, so there will need to be new models, maps, etc created which are legally redistributable. The source is for all the engine and technical things. You can currently copy the assets to your compiled open source JKA, but that's kind of silly. Eventually there will be freely available content like OpenArena is to Quake 3. I'm just extremely happy that the only worthwhile sword game is finally open to everyone, and under a license which will force developers to collaborate (this isn't public domain). I can't wait to see what new (non-JKA) games come out of this. The JKA engine is pretty old, so I'd imagine that JKA will eventually be made to run on a more advanced one like ioquake3 or an idtech4 variant.

Yeah from my understanding the code can be used to make new games etc, but we're not allowed to use the assets.

**Edit:

So long as the jump's aren't modified the game will be worthwhile, otherwise it'll be kind of lame... So I'm with Kapkin on that point.
Back to top Go down
Skittlez
no|Surrender Jedi
Skittlez

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2010-09-13

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 12:22 am

If it was up to me you motherfuckers would stop coming up to me with your hands out looking up to me like you want something free. But you won't get a crumb from me cause I'm from the streets of Compton. I told em all. All them little gangstas... Who you think helped mold 'em all? Now you wanna run around and talk about guns like I ain't got none... what you think I sold 'em all? I ain't havin that.
Back to top Go down
Elm
no|Surrender Leader
Elm

Number of posts : 5175

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 3:11 am

Tbh, I don't really care about this and should have already stated it at the start.

#yolo$wag4lyfemuthafuckas
Back to top Go down
https://nosurrendergaming.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO Empty

Back to top Go down

SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next