No Surrender
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

...and no mercy...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

a Ja++

Go down 
+10
Chronos
Tench
Skittlez
Vedas
Copyleft
Dax
eth
Tommø
ant
Kapkin
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Copyleft
no|Surrender Council
Copyleft

Number of posts : 947
Registration date : 2009-05-06

a Ja++ - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: a Ja++   a Ja++ - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 12:45 pm

Ta2 wrote:
Mods seem to bring the little kids out. Look at the difference in JA+ clans and Base clans, and just what their focus is. I think that with ANY kind of mod, you're going to just start an endless cycle of mixing those two types, in which they split, move back to their comfort, and start over. And over. And over....

Although in a perfect world, you'd beautifully mix the two types of players and we'd all have sunshine blown up our asses and get along like fucking happy little kids...

Hence why Raz0r can't tell that his mod doesn't feel like base.

Edit: Should also mention..

Mod users (like JA+ people) don't play the game competitively or with much knowledge beyond what their clan teaches them. Basejka players want to have a good match/duel/whatever and play fairly. But, you can still do that on mods right? Well..

Do a 1 on 1 match on base. You'll have solid hits, you can make sense of the blocking, and can do certain things. Now, do that same 1 on 1 using, for example, JAE. How did that yellow shot, which wasn't poked/exploited at all, one shot me? Why did my redstance just randomly parry out of range from that staff user, causing me to get a kill that I didn't intend? Sure, it plays like base, but it has random discrepancies. It's not that it's different, it's that it is *random*.

You can't trust sabering on a mod. Yes, you will play fine, but will we honestly enjoy running mods in a saber-focused group when we keep getting random kills/blocks/parries to our advantage/disadvantage? It's just not good for people serious about playing.

Basically, it's not a matter of fearing the unknown/being different/accepting, it's the matter of being unable to be sure of what will happen because you can't always reproduce the events. One moment your red swing might break through a staff, but the exact same swings will parry and cause you to die the second time.

JA+, both MP and SP are horrible for people who know how to saber very well. How is it fun when your saber ghosts or yellow does too much damage from too far away on SP? Worst thing is, you can't be sure when it will ghost or when it will be out of range because it is too random.

Point is, people who use mods and say they work fine don't understand the saber system and probably never will. Not because they can't, but because they don't play the game for the same reasons. There's nothing wrong with that.

I've played enough mods through the (too many) years I spent playing this game. I *always* come back to base very quickly. I'd *love* a mod that gives all the features of JAE, JA+ and all that, but I have to sacrifice the most important part of the game to me, which is sabering. I tried switching my servers to mods before, but I can never keep them. I don't want to learn to play the game on a server where randomness/luck can strike at any moment.

It's not only the hardcore players either. The Jedi Academy (JKA community that's been around since JK2 and still lives) developed their own mods (Academy Mod in jk2, JA Reloaded and JAE in JKA) and had lots of fun on their servers. It's like a JA+ server in that there's no laming allowed, people duel, and people train each other and have fun with custom skins, maps (they created the_academy_v2 and v3 specifically for them), etc. They used to teach with the mods, duel on the mods, and learn on the mods. They switched to basejka because mods just didn't cut it. The people there are just casual players who enjoy playing the game, but can't enjoy it if the sabers won't work properly.

I think I've said enough about JKA to prevent me from getting laid for the next 10 years.

Back to top Go down
http://www.terminative3.netgoo.org
Elm
no|Surrender Leader
Elm

Number of posts : 5175
Registration date : 2008-09-22

a Ja++ - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: a Ja++   a Ja++ - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 3:04 pm

Copyleft wrote:
I think I've said enough about JKA to prevent me from getting laid for the next 10 years.

Lmfao
Back to top Go down
https://nosurrendergaming.forumotion.com
Skittlez
no|Surrender Jedi
Skittlez

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2010-09-13

a Ja++ - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: a Ja++   a Ja++ - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 4:15 pm

Sounds like you just suck at mods. It's actually very predictable once you understand the systems. JA+ mp is incredibly predictable and fights much more like saber fights in the movies (controlled parries /defense).
Back to top Go down
Copyleft
no|Surrender Council
Copyleft

a Ja++ - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: a Ja++   a Ja++ - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 5:40 pm

Skittlez wrote:
Sounds like you just suck at mods. It's actually very predictable once you understand the systems. JA+ mp is incredibly predictable and fights much more like saber fights in the movies (controlled parries /defense).

Honestly? Tell me that once I can play JA+ without ghosting random shots and getting random blocks.

Also, I don't suck at mods. Whenever I smurf around public JA+ servers to duel, I usually end up with scores like 20/2 before I quit.
Back to top Go down
Elm
no|Surrender Leader
Elm

Number of posts : 5175

a Ja++ - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: a Ja++   a Ja++ - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 4:13 am

Lmfao Kaldor, Skit is fucking with you.
Back to top Go down
https://nosurrendergaming.forumotion.com
Kapkin
no|Surrender Leader
Kapkin

Number of posts : 5121

a Ja++ - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: a Ja++   a Ja++ - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:07 am

yeah skit is been super sarcastic .. how is a guy with blue (me) can own (when i say own i say i dont lose life) a staff in ja+ by fanning ... of course i time my fan but cmon ... its like Jarjarbiks fighting vader and actually scratch him to death
Back to top Go down
http://www.iamgay.com
Copyleft
no|Surrender Council
Copyleft

a Ja++ - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: a Ja++   a Ja++ - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 3:52 pm

Kapkin wrote:
yeah skit is been super sarcastic .. how is a guy with blue (me) can own (when i say own i say i dont lose life) a staff in ja+ by fanning ... of course i time my fan but cmon ... its like Jarjarbiks fighting vader and actually scratch him to death

Who left his kennel open?
Back to top Go down
Dax
no|Surrender Council

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2008-11-24

a Ja++ - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: a Ja++   a Ja++ - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 10:20 pm

Copyleft wrote:
Kapkin wrote:

Who left his kennel open?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

a Ja++ - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: a Ja++   a Ja++ - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

a Ja++
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
No Surrender :: General Section :: General Discussion-
Jump to: