No Surrender
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

...and no mercy...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO

Go down 
+3
Elm
Kapkin
Skittlez
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kapkin
no|Surrender Leader
Kapkin

Number of posts : 5121
Registration date : 2008-09-22

SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 9:53 am

its ok elm, i care for the two of us,

jka gameplay is a gold mine, i ask 5% , i'll give my idea and help in the basic concept and design.
Call me,

Like you have a 50 000 to spend ? put it there, we hired REAL coder, not like nub ja+er then never saw a game that wasnt mmofree before.

Then we meet in a cafe once a week in montreal
We talk about the idea, how we want it etc.

after one year this game sould be done

I dont think we can use the jedi idea right ?
So i'll come out with something trust me,
i already have full of idea !

Grey: Dark and light
Angel vs Demon, (they have wings and full plate armor + swords)

Temple:
Saolin Monk, they like levitate and fight with light cloth while flying up the air with there warrior sticks

Gawd am good,
Focus points of that perfect game:
-The game play of jka (i mean like the exact fucking thing, if we manage it perfectly then we might try to take out parries lol (sorry for those nubs that lose it)

-Game graph: WHO THE FUCK CARES its a competitive game people will puts there grpah super low anyway.

-Cotomizing your caracter: We fucking need that, none whant to fight vs a guy that look the exact same way, and how is it hard to fucking creat cloths. psst ez

-Like if we ever decide to add some greeding stuff, it WILL be cotomizing stuff, NOTHING ELSE, fuck those game where a 1 month player have any kind of advantage over a starter.

-Better maps
Wtf only ffa3 was good,
How is it hard to make like 6 diffrent path that goes into one main area or 2 main area and thats it, done your map is done

Gj, you just made an awsome game.

Now want to make it live forever ?

1-Had a fucking ranking systeme INSIDE IT !
2v2 3v3 4v4 5v5 6v6
you team up with your friends in lobby then the game look for you for a team of same number of people and team you with them.
The game keep track of your score
Also one that you just start queuing and it made you fill it. vs other solo player
You still can afford your own server tho and play in it, but your rank + stats wont be calculate there.
in rank it will just be like a normal tffa map with host server.
game start you have 5min waiting, then it start only one round. Mybe we could put it 2 out of 3 if we feels game arent that long, but i doult it.

2-Had a stats tracker, pros loooove that
Kills, assits, death, dmg dealt , dmg taken, %swing hits, number of steps, k/d, num of ariel attack land, how many distance you cover in the air, etc

After that, you keep had some cotomizing stuff, new looking stick, new looking hat, every months some can be buy with ingame credits, some can be buy only with real life money (there you just made 1000000000$)

All those idea cost NOTHING, and have already been use in other game that proved it worths. (ex: LoL)

you read this and your a coder looking for a job add me as a friend now, and lets start working of this !
All those idea are draft and should not be use without my colaboration cause there is a WAY a to do it right, also asking 5% is not much ...

Idk why this aint have be done yet, people are so bad.
GOLD MINE !
Back to top Go down
http://www.iamgay.com
Copyleft
no|Surrender Council
Copyleft

Number of posts : 947
Registration date : 2009-05-06

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 10:02 am

@ Kapkin: JKA in its current form needs lots of work. If you deny that by default the saber system is a bit weird, you're being nostalgic. It can be made a lot better and more competitive.

With that said, there are actual plans in making a real "esport" type of game using this source. If you are serious (and not just a "lalala I like base because I am pro" type), please contact Hugo and Eyal on www.playigl.com . Those are the guys currently figuring out what best to do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.terminative3.netgoo.org
Tommø
no|Surrender Leader
Tommø

Number of posts : 2016
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 2:47 pm

Quote :
This is the sort of thing that made me say you're being clueless (if Elm or anyone else wants to go all emotional and call me rude for being blunt, go right ahead). If you only play games made by "legitimate" companies or only play JKA because you can be an e-Jedi, you don't belong in this sort of gaming. Go play TOR or JA+ instead. Do you care about a good game or do you just want some silly branding slapped on it? Independent developers have created great games and modifications (often enough of much higher quality than companies only out to increase profit over last year). Don't dare imply they aren't real game devs.

I care about good quality and new ideas. I could not give less of a shit about what a "real" company makes. Understand how the open source development model works, and then form opinions.

LOL WHAT?!?! Dude, did I ever say I belonged in this type of gaming?? Your assuming things I haven't even said. What I have said is if a game that isn't star wars or JK4 is made with this I won't be interested and I don't think it will compare to JKA. THIS is my own views and my own opinion so you cannot say anything about it - I don't care if you know more about it than me. THAT doesn't mean my opinion should change because of what you know or think. I said the only PC game I really played was JKA and I don't want to be in this sort of gaming I will only be interested if a gaming company makes and releases a new star wars game or JK with this code. Anything else will not be as good in my opinion. You can have your opinion but you can't say I'm clueless because of mines...

Quote :
Tbh, I don't really care about this and should have already stated it at the start.

#yolo$wag4lyfemuthafuckas

Lol elm. PS Kap you would rather angels and demons than star wars?? Fuck that. I hope the JK series isn't ruined by a nub game like that using their code! Star Wars, another JK or nothing please thank you bye!
Back to top Go down
Kapkin
no|Surrender Leader
Kapkin

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 6:34 pm

idk hero, i cant really help you now,

Likw think about it , you you enjoyed in jka ? Jedi or the gameplay?
if its jedi, then cuase go play Starwars Lego
if its the gameplay, then even its its some flying horse fighting with magical sword you should not care

i choosed my side, Jka gameplay > Jedi

As for making jka base better,
i have talked alot with kaldor and hugo, and even if it looks good on paper, i'll not get exited before seeing it.
Back to top Go down
Dax
no|Surrender Council

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 1:59 am

Someone actually brought up a good point on a server today. with the source code now open to the public, we can expect the game to be less secure. = (
Back to top Go down
Vedas

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2009-04-22

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 2:10 am

lol 95% of this forum doesn't even play now so who cares? You all overreact to everything and this is coming from the PMS queen.

Kaldor stfu opinions and preferences are free for anyone to have. Your knowledge on the topic doesn't change someones feelings or preference.

Hero don't let him get you all heated. People who know things like to rant about what they know and so you should see his belittling comments as part of his rant.

Elm I <3 You

Kapkin Ewe knee'd tu gyv my o cull faur Eengulash less sons

And Dax sux dix/ stop worrying so much. Binny will be so busy tryng to create the perfect game with this code and having his little gay minions testing it for him that the game is more secure than ever.
Back to top Go down
Copyleft
no|Surrender Council
Copyleft

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 10:24 am

Dax wrote:
Someone actually brought up a good point on a server today. with the source code now open to the public, we can expect the game to be less secure. = (

Why is this a problem? Just install OpenJK once it's ready and play that instead. It will have all the holes patched, etc. If you stick playing JKA 1.01 you're just going to end up being like all the people on JK2 1.02 and JKA 1.00 going "omg new patch is bad, this is so much better!". You deserve security problems if you refuse to patch them.

Kapkin wrote:
Likw think about it , you you enjoyed in jka ? Jedi or the gameplay?
if its jedi, then cuase go play Starwars Lego
if its the gameplay, then even its its some flying horse fighting with magical sword you should not care

i choosed my side, Jka gameplay > Jedi

Thank you.

Tigress wrote:
lol 95% of this forum doesn't even play now so who cares? You all overreact to everything and this is coming from the PMS queen.

Kaldor stfu opinions and preferences are free for anyone to have. Your knowledge on the topic doesn't change someones feelings or preference.

If you don't care then don't post. I already said I don't care if someone disagrees with me, I just want people to actually think about what they're saying and not misinform others when they have no clue about the topic. Don't tell me to shut up unless you have something constructive to add.

Tigress wrote:
Kapkin Ewe knee'd tu gyv my o cull faur Eengulash less sons

And Dax sux dix/ stop worrying so much. Binny will be so busy tryng to create the perfect game with this code and having his little gay minions testing it for him that the game is more secure than ever.

Oh grow up.
Back to top Go down
Tommø
no|Surrender Leader
Tommø

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 1:03 pm

Lol why are we all arguing about this? Opinions are opinions mate you can't argue against an opinoon, well obviously you can but you can't argue as if you are right and they are wrong.. IT'S AN OPINION!! Wow...... kap no I won't give a flying fuck times 2 about a game that isn't star wars or jk4, that is how I FEEL!!! Not you, so don't try and go on as if I am wrong for that.. I am a star wars and big JK series fan. Another game using this code for me IN MY OPINION (please take notice of that) will just be shit towards the amazing JK series for me.... IF IT'S NOT STAR WARS THEN FUCK OF PLEASE!! PS times twelve this is my view and my opinion so please stfu about what you know and how omg it will be so amazing if angels and demons pretend they are jedi. Fuck off, thank you please goodbye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Dax
no|Surrender Council

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 7:29 pm

@Hero, Opinions can be judged and people who voice their opinions can be informed of erroneous views so that they may better understand their own opinion...

@Kal, OpenJK=patch, yes?
Patches help get rid of security risks, but with the source code out there, I'm sure there will be ways around the patch.
Back to top Go down
Kapkin
no|Surrender Leader
Kapkin

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 9:42 pm

Openjk is the patch from what i understand,
Kal is so bad at explaining it.

Also hero wow, i was on your side =( just gave you MY OPINION !

:p

After all this drama i feel alive again ! lets go all chat in ja+ soon
Back to top Go down
Elm
no|Surrender Leader
Elm

Number of posts : 5175

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 11:25 pm

Wow this is on its 3rd page? Go spam another topic please. Skit's post doesn't deserve this much attention.

Summary for those who couldn't understand what I just said (AKA Kapkin): Everyone stfu. Skit sucks. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
https://nosurrendergaming.forumotion.com
Vedas

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2009-04-22

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 12:43 am

Kal I grew up. That's why I have a job as an english teacher (kapkin the offer still stands) and don't play this dead unskilled game anymore. These are LoLers in here now that you are preaching your unnecessary, ego feeding, "knowledgeable," words to.

Kapkin chooses the gameplay as his preference which is a shame cause he doesn't play and will undoubtedly have the same lag on any other version of this source code.

Hero chooses the star wars ness as his preference which is a shame, because for it to be truly star wars related and well made, it would probably have to be professional work by a company.

The worst part is for you who is trying to convince people they are misunderstanding stuff when they understand everything either clearly or as much as they need to and have given you their opinions and preferences and you rant on.

I am done with this thread =D

~Meow

P.S. Welcome back to the forums. <3
Back to top Go down
Tommø
no|Surrender Leader
Tommø

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 9:18 am

Quote :
for it to be truly star wars related and well made, it would probably have to be professional work by a company

Exactly the point i have been making!!

Quote :
@Hero, Opinions can be judged and people who voice their opinions can be informed of erroneous views so that they may better understand their own opinion...

I understand my opinion Dax. but it is only my own opinion so you can feel the way you want about it regardless, but my opinion on the matter won't change!

Quote :
Openjk is the patch from what i understand,
Kal is so bad at explaining it.

Also hero wow, i was on your side =( just gave you MY OPINION !

:p

After all this drama i feel alive again ! lets go all chat in ja+ soon

Yes Kapkin i know but anything else other than another JK or star wars related game (as this is what the gameplay of JK was made for) to me is just a rip off and will not compare to JK. That is why I wouldn't like an engels and demons game (or anything else for that matter) made with the JK code.
Back to top Go down
Copyleft
no|Surrender Council
Copyleft

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 9:20 am

Dax wrote:
@Kal, OpenJK=patch, yes?
Patches help get rid of security risks, but with the source code out there, I'm sure there will be ways around the patch.

Yep. There's a new dedicated server available now too, which does solve a few issues. Source code being available will not cause any longterm security issues, though. In the short term, yes, but they will all be patched. OpenBSD is known as being the most secure OS (with only two exploits in it's nearly 20 years in existence) and all of its source code is available in the public (it's often used for high-security stuff). Also keep in mind that most technology being used on the internet (web servers, infrastructure, etc) is open source. Closed source doesn't mean more secure at all (but it *does* mean that only a set team of people are even able to fix the exploits).

Basically, as long as you keep up to date with security patches, you should be totally fine. Contact me on IRC or something, since apparently discussing this constitutes spam and ego-feeding.

Tigress wrote:
Kal I grew up. That's why I have a job as an english teacher (kapkin the offer still stands) and don't play this dead unskilled game anymore.

Congratulations Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tommø
no|Surrender Leader
Tommø

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 9:34 am

Where is Jk4?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
Dax
no|Surrender Council

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 4:55 pm

If you re-read Kal's posts and mine you'll learn that the 'main' group working with the source code was working on a patch, not 'JK4'
Back to top Go down
Tommø
no|Surrender Leader
Tommø

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 9:26 am

JKA's dead, pointless!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO   SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

SO GUYS THERES THIS NEWS ABOUT JKA U MITE WANNA KNO
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2