No Surrender
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

...and no mercy...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

February International Challenge

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Elm
no|Surrender Leader
Elm

Number of posts : 5175
Registration date : 2008-09-22

February International Challenge Empty
PostSubject: February International Challenge   February International Challenge EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 2:11 am

This tourney if for you, Kap. All VGC rules. Easy place to test VGC teams ^.^

http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/129cb205-8cf6-4786-889c-bee88bbdaab6

I already signed up Smile
Back to top Go down
https://nosurrendergaming.forumotion.com
Elm
no|Surrender Leader
Elm

PostSubject: Re: February International Challenge   February International Challenge EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 4:05 am

Good luck in your final matches, Kap ^.^ We must make Canada pround!
Back to top Go down
Elm
no|Surrender Leader
Elm

PostSubject: Re: February International Challenge   February International Challenge EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 11:10 pm

Well the competition is over and I finished 22-8! I finished somewhere in the 1710ish elo. My second best tournament! Hopefully I am number 1 in Canada again. Gotta represent!

Day 1: 6-4
Day 2: 6-4
Day 3: 10-0

What a finish am pround!

Here is a list of my record vs other countries:

8-3 vs USA
5-2 vs Japan
3-1 vs Mexico
2-1 vs Germany
1-0 vs Great Britain
1-0 vs Guatemala
1-0 vs Poland
1-0 vs Russia
0-1 vs Norway

What was surprising was my domination of Japan this tournament. My advice to you all (mainly Kapkin) is to be confident! If you are matched vs a Japanese, you could lose even before it starts if you are not confident enough! Trust in yourself! They are human - just like you. Smile

I continued my domination of Americans after starting slow 2-3 against them - winning 6 straight. Also what the hell was I doing fighting a guy from Guatemala? I didn't even know they played Pokemon. As a side note, I am sad I dropped a game to a Mexican...like ew.

Finally, here is my team and all their details for any of you that are interested.

My Baby (Hydreigon) @ Choice Specs
Levitate
Modest - 224 SpecAtk, 204 Speed, 76 HP, 4 Def
-Draco Meteor
-Dark Pulse
-Flamethrower
-Earth Power

As the name suggests, Hydreigon was my baby...putting so much pressure as a lead pokemon and hitting so hard for neutral damage with Draco Meteor! Dark pulse threatened key pokemon like Gengar, Mega Metagross, Cresselia, etc. Flamethrower was there to counter Ferrothorn and Scizor. Lastly, Earth Power was taken for great coverage. Overall, Hydreigon along with Salamence were my competition MVPs!

Salamence @ Salamencite
Intimidate
Adamant - 252 ATK, 252 Speed, 4 HP
-Protect
-Dragon Dance
-Double Edge
-Earthquake

This was my main focus on my team. Mega Salamence is probably the best new mega for the Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire release. With Intimidate support before going mega, Salamence provided key shut downs to the ever present physical attackers in the meta like Mega Kangaskhan, Landorus-Therian, Terrakion, etc. I chose Dragon Dance because I thought I would have turns to use it when my opponent would switch or protect, but I don't think I ever used it once during the competition. This is probably due to the fact that I mainly used Salamence to dispose of the fighting threats to my Bisharp, Heatran, and Hydreigon - so I would Double Edge right away and end up OHKOing them most of the time! Earthquake was chosen as the last coverage move and it paid off nicely in some battles vs Terrakion and Raichu. Lastly, I just wanted to mention that many of my opponents expected my Mega Salamence to be a special attacker using Hyper Voice. Special Salamence in comparison to physical is inferior after some testing. I think a mixed set with Flamethrower/Fire Blast and Draco Meteor instead of EQ and Dragon Dance would have been better as I now believe that is its best set!

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Flash Fire
Timid - 140 HP, 252 SpecAtk, 116 Speed
-Protect
-Heat Wave
-Earth Power
-Ancient Power

The EV spread here aims at outspeeding a 252 Adamant Bisharp and OHKO it (it will not outspeed a Jolly 252, but who would run that sacrifice the power to OHKO things?). Heatran is a great pokemon in this meta and easily checks those pokemon using ice and fairy moves on my dragons. Heatran counters common meta pokemon like Scizor, Ferrothorn, Bisharp and Mega Mawile. Mine also specifically counters other Heatrans. I think mine killed at least 5 other Heatrans this tournament in a mirror match since they would Earth Power me first (since most were running full speed) and I would survive with my Shuca Berry active and then Earth Power them back for the OHKO. It was a cheesy as hell strategy, but it paid off so many times. Definitely a force to be reckoned with in the right matchups.

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
Levitate
Modest - 252 HP,44 Def, 24 SpecAtk, 188 Speed
-Protect
-Will-o-wisp
-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt

The EV spread here aims at outspeeding a max speed neutral Heatran and preventing it to sub with Hydro Pump. It also outspeed a neutral max speed Bisharp so that you can Will-o-wisp it before it uses Knock Off. This Rotom-W was like my other darkhorse MVP of the competition. Will-o-wisp shut down so many of the physical OP attackers like Mega Kanga and Landorus-T. Rotom-W and Heatran formed such a great core - each covering each other's weaknesses. Thunderbolt dealt with waters like Suicune, Greninja and Milotic while also dealing great neutral damage to Thundurus (who in response can't do anything to Rotom other than Thunderbolt it). Hydro Pump is self-explanatory dealing with fire and ground types like Landorus-T, Tyranitar, Arcanine, etc.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Magic Guard
Bold -  252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpecDef
-Protect
-Minimize
-Follow Me
-Moonblast

Pretty straightforward. Clefable was only used in specific scenarios where my team ran into a lot of fighting/dragon problems. Great support pokemon with Follow Me/Minimize can be a pain to single target attacks (which people would try vs my Salamence and Hydreigon). If my opponent had no steels, have no fear, the fairy is here!

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Defiant
Adamant - 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
-Protect
-Knock Off
-Iron Head
-Sucker Punch

Pretty simple EV spread to maximize Bisharp's power - especially versus the frail physically defensive Fairy pokemon that would threaten my team such as Togekiss, Gardevoir, Mega Gardevoir, Clefable, etc. Also dealt with the same threats my Hydreigon dealt with in Gengar, Cresselia, Gengar - so I would rarely take them together in the same battle. Definitely was important for OHKOing the fairy threats as well as doing a lot of damage to rock types such as Tyranitar.

Thanks for reading ^.^ was a great tournament after such a slow start!
Back to top Go down
Elm
no|Surrender Leader
Elm

PostSubject: Re: February International Challenge   February International Challenge EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 3:14 am

Results are in!

http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/competitions/4024/

I finished tied for 141st overall (world) at 1706 elo and 2nd in Canada! I was dethroned. Am sry Skeet Sad I didn't finish top 100 D:

Here are the stats for both Kap and I:

Elmo
Record: 22-8
ELO: 1706
World Rank: 141
Canadian Rank: 2

Kapkin
Record: 20-10
ELO: 1606
World Rank: 1,242
Canadian Rank: 37

A total of 13,025 people participated in this competition - 431 of which were Canadian. To be honest - I'm surprised Europeans placed so high! Great Britain represent! Overall, I am pround of my performance this past weekend and am happy with #2 as well.

GG to all ^.^
Back to top Go down
Kapkin
no|Surrender Leader
Kapkin

Number of posts : 5121

PostSubject: Re: February International Challenge   February International Challenge EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 8:40 am

awww damn am so far =(

its stupid tho i fought pople from so low elo all the time ... like we have 2 win diffrence and a 1000K diffrence !
=_=

I'll do better next time !
Back to top Go down
http://www.iamgay.com
Elm
no|Surrender Leader
Elm

PostSubject: Re: February International Challenge   February International Challenge EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 10:20 pm

You have to beat Japanese to get to my level. :^)
Back to top Go down
Kapkin
no|Surrender Leader
Kapkin

Number of posts : 5121

PostSubject: Re: February International Challenge   February International Challenge EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 10:33 pm

fu i did beated Jpn

went 3-1 vs Jpn
Back to top Go down
http://www.iamgay.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: February International Challenge   February International Challenge Empty

Back to top Go down

February International Challenge
Page 1 of 1